Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Umm...

Tuesday 9/2/08
11:16 a.m.



What a great way to start the football season. Not only did Mississippi State lose their season opener to Louisiana Tech, we are also the ONLY team in the SEC west to lose this week. Awesome! Thank Jain Tennesse lost too. Sorry Banana.

To make matters worse our all-SEC linebacker Jamar Chaney is out for the season after sustaining broken leg in Saturday’s game. Chaney, a senior, had a team-high 12 tackles vs. Tech. He led the Bulldogs last year with 89 tackles, and had started 27 of the last 29 games.



State now returns to Starkville to open its 2008 home schedule, hosting Southeastern Louisiana next Saturday, Sept. 6, at 6 p.m. CT at Davis Wade Stadium. The Lions downed Alcorn State 34-28 in Lorman Saturday night, which means we will probably lose too.

A few weeks ago I was in Newport Kentucky at some boat show where the coolest band ever, Special Midnight, was rocking our souls with some sweet 80's covers. There were several vendors selling booze and food that smelled like my car after I left the window down when it rained and then dried up in the 90 degree sun. Anyway, as I was strolling along the aisle, trying not to vomit from the stench, I noticed a picture of a man who looked very familiar. Now, I could be totally wrong, but take a look at this picture and tell me who you think it looks like...



If I didn't know any better (and I usually don't) I would say that this jolly old man about to suck the poop out of that crawfish is the same gentleman who coaches the team that played like that crawfish poop he is about to suck.

(This is the same face he makes while sucking the heads)

So, this is what I think. During the off-season Croom spent all of his time working on some new outstanding crawfish seasoning instead of working on some new outstanding plays. He's been trying to market it in Louisiana, but hasn't had much luck. So, what does he do? He calls up the coach at Louisiana Tech and says, "Hey man. If you can get me into the market down in Louisiana, I'll make sure my team plays like total shit when we play you guys for the season opener. You scratch my balls, I'll scratch yours." So, their coach said "no problem" and we lost the game. All for some damn crawfish seasoning.

I am never eating cajun food again. Thanks Sly!

No comments: