Friday, December 14, 2007

Bah Humbug

Friday 12/14/2007
9:26 a.m.

As I drive down the streets and avenues of the Highlands, I pass light filled trees that shine like bright Fruity Pebbles.

Trees are aglow and bows are tied tightly around light polls and trees. This could only signify one thing - it's Christmas time. Everyone is running around buying their Christmas gifts, planning their menus, and picking out that new dress to wear to the party. You know what I'm doing for Christmas this year? NOTHING.

I had planned on going home to visit with my family this year. I received an email from my boss asking if we would all be available to join the office Christmas dinner on the 21st. My response, "I think I'm flying home for Christmas that night." "Oh, you're not going to be at work that Monday (24th)?" Oh. I guess I will be. "I would just be going home for the weekend." Well, if I can't be home for Christmas, what point is there in going home at all. So, I will be working on Christmas Eve while my family is all joined together around the Christmas tree opening gifts.



I guess I can deal with that. After all, the boycotter's family is here. I can just have Christmas with them. WRONG. As of Thanksgiving, the boycotter and I decided to take a little break from one another. And as of last night, he decided that we are cutting all communication while I figure out what's going on inside of my head. So, not only will I not be spending Christmas with my family, I now won't even be spending Christmas with his family. I will be spending Christmas all alone. Well, unless you count Sidney. So, I don't have a Christmas tree and the only presents I have bought are for the boycotter.

I tried to hang some lights around my house, but they kept falling down. I have a Christmas tree and decorations in the storage unit in the basement. However, some jerk off took it upon themselves to fill my storage unit with their belongings and put a lock on the door, now I can't even get my tree. And if I have to hear Mariah Carey or Jessica Simpson sing about Christmas, Santa, mistletoe or anything else relating to the holidays, I will either kill myself or the person who is submitting me to this torture.

So, to all - Have a very merry Christmas.

No comments: