Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend update: Saturday

Tuesday 7/31/2007
12:25 p.m.

Saturday:
I'll spare you the details of the day (only because I can't remember what took place). The one thing I do recall is the beginning of our 3 day Scrabble game. Normally I beat Dad after an hour and a half. However, we were playing Super Scrabble and after 2 1/2 hours of game play, it was time to take a break. Besides, we had to get ready for our 7:30 reservation at the Jazz Factory, my dad's favorite hot spot in Louisville.
The Urban Jazz Coalition played that night. Wow! These guys are great - very energetic and very entertaining. They were running around the club, standing on the booths, completely funking it up. One of the older men told a story about his son, who said they only play "old fogey" music. He then told his son to bring him any cd that he was listening to and they would learn to play something from it. The result? They killed Beyonce's "Deja Vu" (or dah je vu as some people who will remain nameless call it). We all loved them and ended up staying for both sets, as well as buying their cd. Rita thought she was cool because they autographed hers. Well, I guess she is.

No comments: