Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Champaigne wishes and little boy dreams

Wednesday 8/29/2007
3:59 p.m.



I was going to dedicate a post to celebrating the birth of the King of Pop. However, when I discovered that it was also the birthday of the King of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, I immediately forgot about that other girl.

Happy 66th birthday, Robin Douglas Leach (whom I will refer to as Dougy Leach from now on)!

Dougy Leach is a writer who gained fame when he hosted the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. When he was a young chap, Dougy Leach edited a school magazine, The Gayton Times, which was a gay publication (not really). A year later Dougy Leach became a general news reporter for The Harrow Observer and started a monthly glossy town magazine at age 17. Afterwards Dougy Leach then wrote for the prestigious Daily Mail as Britain's youngest page one reporter at age 18. In 1963, Dougy Leach immigrated to America and wrote for publications such as New York Daily News, People, and Ladies Home Journal etc.) before launching GO Magazine - Gay and Open - (kidding, relax) and then was show business editor of The Star.

Dougy Leach has made several television appearances other than hosting LR&F. Dougy Leach reported for CNN and Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning Australia, The Food Network, and Wrestle Mania IV. Yeah brother. Dougy Leach also hosted the intellectual stimulating, spine tingling drama, The Surreal Life: Fame Games.

Dougy Leach is so cool that even rappers spit game about him. Here are some examples:

The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy
Da Brat featuring Jermaine Dupri & The Notorious B.I.G. - Da B Side
Fergie featuring Ludacris - Glamorous
Warren G - I Want it All
Lil' Wayne - Beat Without Bass



I mean, how many times did Biggy have anything to say about Michelle (yes I know I spelled it wrong) Jackson? That's what I thought.

Oh yeah, and I just found this out: LR&F was never shown on British network television, and as a result, in Britain, few people have ever heard of Dougy Leach. Ain't that a bitch.


Source: Wikipedia

No comments: