Friday, August 17, 2007

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Friday 8/17/2007
2:24 p.m.


Unless it's your last day at a job you really dislike. Then parting is like a party.

Technically I have 2 hours and 35 minutes left as an employee of Quality Hardwoods, Inc. Every day this week has been extremely slow. No one has given me anything to do. All I have done is listen to music, play internet scrabble, post on my blog and file my fingernails (uha uha uha).
Well, today is my last day and what do they do? Give me task after task after task. It's ridiculous.

And generally, when a valuable employee, who has been with the company for a while leaves, their departure is recognized with some sort of parting gift - card, flowers, party, lunch, something. What did I get? Accused of drinking on the job when my boss walked into my office after I ate an orange. Thanks. I really feel appreciated.

The day isn't over though. Perhaps there will be a monetary parting gift included in my paycheck. Yeah right. My boss gave me a ham for my Christmas present. FYI - I don't eat meat. Very thoughtful indeed.

So, will I miss my life at QHI? Yes, as much as I missed out on eating some delicious ham.

No comments: