Monday, August 13, 2007

The day that ruins the rest of the week

Monday 8/13/2007
3:37 p.m.



I knew this was going to be a great day when I awoke at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. No matter what I did, I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally I got out of bed around 6:20, tired and pissed off. What a great way to start the day. I did my usual routine - feed Sidney, shower, pour a bowl of cereal and sit outside on the bench. Monday is trash day, and since the maintenance man didn't take the trash out last Monday, like he was supposed, I assumed he wasn't going to take it out today either. So, being the good tenant that I am, I decided to take it out. Big mistake. I now know why no one has taken out the trash. I'm not really sure what was in one of the cans, but it was very heavy and wreaked of rotten flesh. Seriously. There something dead in it. I know this sounds morbid, but I think it may have been a cat. The awesome maintenance man has been trying to give away some kittens for a while now. Well, I haven't seen or heard anything about any cats in the past couple of weeks. I think he killed them and threw them in the trash. CAT KILLER!!! Anyway, I took the 4 trash cans to the street, smelly one first. I was gagging the entire time and every time I would walk back up the driveway, I would walk face first into a line of stench. About 10 minutes after I did this, I started feeling nauseous. After about 5 more minutes, it was toilet time. Round one - oj. Round 2 - oj and seaweed.
Who ever is to blame for this is going down. So, as a result, I have felt like shit all day. I ate a salad for lunch and felt worse. I hope the ghost of the kitties come back to haunt whoever did that to him. Just don't make any noise that will wake me up.

No comments: