Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday - What a great day to start the week.



Monday 8/6/2007
9:20 a.m.

So, as I stated on Friday, I was offered a new job. I've been nervous all weekend, wondering how I was going to break the news to my current boss. When I got to work this morning, I asked a co-worker when would be the best time to tell him. He said, taken from one of Steven Cubby's "7 Steps of Highly Effective People", "Do the thing you least want to do first." Okay. That makes sense. I don't want to sit thinking about this all day. I'll just tell him. But wait. It's after 8:00 and he isn't here yet. 8:30 - nothing. 9:00 - nothing. 9:15 - phone call. Great. He hurt his back this weekend and he'll try to make it in later today. Just when I got the courage to tell him, I find out that he may not even be here. I guess he sensed the impending doom that awaits him at the office and decided to have a stress free day.

No comments: