Monday, October 22, 2007

Go shorty, it's your birthday

Monday 10/22/2007
2:18 p.m.

I would like to wish a very happy birthday to a woman, without whom I would not have been created. Happy birthday Mom! I hope you have a great day. You are the best mother a daughter could hope to come out of.

I'm sorry for:
- All the years I acted like a total spoiled brat
- All the times I was a bitch to you. I didn't mean any of it. You know, it's just a phase we kids go through.
- That I lied to you so much when I was a teenager... and in my early 20s.
- I was a wild child.
- I wrecked my car the first time I took it to Jackson. Then I went to the football game and didn't call you until on the way home.
- I skipped class so much to go to far away states to see Widespread Panic concerts.
- I sold my textbooks to have money to go to concerts (see above).
- I got tatoos and my nose pierced (not really, but I'm sorry it upset you).

Thanks for:
- Getting me that Teddy Ruxpin when I was 5.
- Not grounding me too much.
- Allowing me to follow my own path.
- My first and second car.
- Letting me cook for you.
- Pretending to like some of my boyfriends, even though I know you were thinking "What the hell?"
- Being a great mom/ friend.
- Putting up with my bs for 26 years.

No comments: