Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend update: Friday

Monday 10/15/2007
10:24 a.m.

I know you all were really sad that I didn't post a weekend update last week. I'm sure you were thinking, "Oh my gosh. What did she do? Did anything crazy happen? I have to know. Why is she keeping us in the dark?" Well, I don't want to torture you two weeks in a row, so I will fill you in on the happenings of my weekend.

Nothing too crazy happened on Friday. I got my oil changed. It's always good to get a lube job. I got my haircut - bangs!

But not like the heinous bangs I had in elementary school/ jr. high. Oh my god. Whoever let me get my hair cut like that, not to mention keep it like that for years, was the cruelest human on earth. They were the worst - so thick. And every time I would sweat, I would get these wings on the side. It looked like I was going to take flight any second. Anyway, I just got long side-swept bangs, so nothing drastic.

Let's see. Then I went shopping with Laura at Victoria's Secret. What did I get? Well duh. It's secret. You can use your imagination. Or better yet, don't. I forgot what a bunch of perverts my readers are. I got pants and a long-sleeve shirt. Flannel. Real thick. Totally un-sexy. Yeah, that's it.


After spending too much time buying too little, we decided it may be time to eat (it is nearly 10:00 by this point). Seeing that most restaurants don't serve food this late, we had no other choice but to go to our Saturday night girls' night spot, O'shea's. Only this time, we went wearing sweatshirts and tennis shoes, not our usual outfits of hotness. Although the temperature was probably in the 40s, we sat outside by the heaters so we would have a better chance of seeing people to make fun of. Oh boy is it ever easy at this place. I'm sure there are people who were looking at us thinking, "Oh my god. I can't believe they went out wearing sweatshirts. What were they thinking?" Uh, hate all you want. We were warm while you hos with sleeveless shirts and skirts on were freezing your assess off. And that is just one example of people who deserve to get made fun of.

Obviously we never eat at the bar on ladies night, so it was a nice change to relax and get some grub. And I must say, the food was quite delicious. We had whitefish nuggets and shrimp and cheese wontons. Yummy to my tummy. Except when I bit into the wonton, cheese shot out everywhere. Not very attractive. We intended to only have a drink or two while we ate.

Well, I guess we were trying to keep warm or something, because we didn't close our tab until 4 or 5 drinks later. Since we had to get up early in the morning to drive to Birmingham, we imposed a 12:00 curfew on ourselves. And believe it or not. We actually left the bar at exactly 12:00. We are so good.

So, we head home and say that we're going to pack. However, it is doubtful that either one of us actually did.

No comments: