Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Wednesday 11/21/2007
11:15 a.m.

I just want to wish all of my devoted readers, as well as those just passing by, to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. More than likely, I will not be around a computer for the next few days, so I won't be posting. However, I am going to be spending some time in the great city of Yazoo, where I am sure to find books of worthy posting material, as well as photos.

Be safe in all your travels. There will undoubtedly be maniacal drivers on the road, some of which are drunk. Watch out for them. And don't forget to plug in your radar detectors. I know you have a need for speed and I don't want you to get ticketed.

If you eat a lot of food, no one wants to hear you bitch about how you feel fat. Just don't do it. If you eat too much, that's your own damn fault, not anyone elses. And if you drink a lot of eggnog or wine, try not to drive. It's tempting. Fight it. Get sober granny or Aunt Melba to give you a lift to the bar. Then get a cab home.

Okay, enough of that. Have a great holiday and remember to cheer for the best team in the Egg Bowl. The one whose mascot is an animal. The same as Georgia's mascot.

Oh yeah, and give thanks.

No comments: