Thursday, November 8, 2007

The land I live in

Thursday 11/8/2007
11:24 a.m.

I happened to come across a gem of a video today, ladies and gentleman. As a child, I would spend countless hours glued in front of the television watching MTV, which my parents specifically told me no to do. I guess I've always been kind of a rebel. Anyway, one video I will never forget is Genesis' "Land of Confusion." It's not really a scary video, but I remember being really haunted by it. And if I saw it at night before I went to bed, I would definitely dream in claymation.

The video was actually very political. The lyrics discuss the greed and uncertainty of the Cold War-era 1980s, while at the same time evoke a sense of hope for the future. And it features such figures as Ronald Regan, Margaret Thatcher, Henry Kissinger, Benito Mussolini, Leonid Brezhnev and Richard Nixon. Appearances were also made by Sly Stallone, Prince, Bill Cosby, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Madonna, and Dolly Parton.

So, sit back, relax, grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy:

No comments: