Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Monday wasn't the weekend, but here's an update anyway

Tuesday 9/4/2007
3:14 p.m.

Ah, finally a Monday morning that I can sleep in (cue that music that sounds like a lullaby). Oh wait, we're still fighting. I mean, they're still fighting. So, this goes on for a little while. Then one person takes the other person home. Again, sparing you the details. After dropping fighter #1 off, Craig and I met Laura at Cafe 360 for a little brunch. Since I already had my delicious morning fulfillment of oatmeal, peanut butter and banana, I opted for a bloody Mary instead. All of the nutrients I need to get my day started right in one little glass. Since Craig had to get back to Indy (actually, the grease from his omelet had taken effect and he needed to take care of business), we left the Cafe around 1:00 and headed home.

As usual, I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry, as well as giving myself a facial. Just as the purple clay started to crumble from my face, I hear a knock at the door. Who could it be? A Jehovah's Witness? A sweet little girl scout? Nope. Mike Tyson. He stopped by to make amends and tell me that his step-pa pa was thinking of buying him a house. What?!? Yeah, crazy. Anyway, the fighters agreed to be friends again and Mike left Muhammad to continue her day of solitude.

Around 5:15 I headed to my office to prepare for my Fantasy Football league, Girls Can Play Too. I was just getting mentally prepared when I heard a noise come from the other room. Oh my god. It's a burglar. I'm going to get kidnapped and molested and I'll never get to pick my players. Oh, it's just the night watchman. "Oh, you startled me," the walrus looking gentleman replied. When I told him what I was doing, he looked at me like I was crazy. That's right mister, GIRLS CAN PLAY TOO. So, I went about my business selecting what's sure to be the most kick-ass team in the history of kick-ass teams, Broncos for the Win. And yes, I'm a Bronco fan. "But why? Why aren't you a Colts fan? You live close to Indianapolis. Why aren't you a Saints fan? New Orleans is close to MS." Because I like the freakin' Broncos. I was living in CO when I became a football fan, and I like the Broncos. Get off my back. Oh, and you know what else? I'm also an Eagles fan. What ya got to say about that? Nothing. That's what I thought. Go eat some Campbell's Hearty soup and shut up.



This is the only picture I could find with my man and his meal. Sorry for the blur.

No comments: