Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend update: Saturday

Monday 9/10/2007
2:01 p.m.

We were going to have a yard sale on Saturday, but the brilliant weather man predicted storms. Did it storm. No. We awoke to sunshine, blue skies, birds singing... the works. It would have been a great day to make money. But no, we didn't make money. We went to the grocery and got eggs and fake sausage and made breakfast instead.

After chowing down on some delicious soy patties, it was time for the second best thing to do on Saturday besides making money - watch college football. Yay! I don't remember who played, who won, who lost. The only game that even counts in my book is the MSU v. Tulane game, which we won. MSU 1-1 for the season. It's so much better to have a record of 1-1 than 0-2.

I spent the rest of my day cleaning house and dealing with b/s. I also took a nap. Then I took a shower. Then I took my dog out. Then I picked up number two.

After all of that excitement, we headed to Baxter Ave. for the Highlands Art and Music Festival. Basically, they block off a huge part of Baxter Ave - the part that has all of the bars - and set up stages and booths. There were two stages on which the bands played. Highlight of the night - Cabin, duh. Wax Fang was also very good. My friend hooked up with the bassist in college, so it was sort of funny to see her reaction to seeing him. There were lots of vendors selling art, jewelry, food, beverages, lotion, crap, etc. A local salon also put on a hair fashion show. At first I thought it was about to be some sort of strip show, as they all looked like hookers, but it turned out to be nothing more than a lame showing of the latest freak-o looking hairstyles. You could walk into the bars and get real drinks and then stroll the streets with them. That's my idea of a good time. It rained a bit, but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits.

The music ended at 11:00, but the party kept rolling into the morning. Since we had been there for over 4 hours, the vodka tonics had started making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Do we stay and hit the bars, or do we go home and hit the couch? Hmmm... bars sounds good. We opted to stay out of the Irish Bars for once and hit up the local pizza joint, Wick's. We were lucky enough to get a booth and sat in to watch the last game of the night, my favorite team, LSU. Those cats know where they can geaux. (Yeah, you like how I totally used one of their stupid words to tell them where to go. I really kill me. Where they can geaux. Ha!) Anyway, I nursed a vt for about an hour or so while everyone else got dirty with some hot wings. At times I miss chicken, beef, pork, etc. Being drunk and watching a bunch of other drunkards get buffalo drool all over their fingers and faces as they chow down like Sidney in a dumpster was not one of them. I had a couple of bread sticks and tried not to go to sleep.

Finally at about 1:30, we decided it was time to go home. You know what I did when I got home? You guessed it, perverts. I passed out.

No comments: