Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So basically I feel like a jerk

Wednesday 9/12/2007
4:37 p.m.

A friend of mine sent me a text message on Sunday, saying that it was Grandparent's day. Well, my honey went to check the calendar and it said that Monday was. I said, "That's weird. Grandparent's day is always on Sunday." He disagreed, saying that it could be on any day. I disagreed and said it was just like Mother's Day and Father's Day, always on Sunday. Well, I guess I gave in to what he said (I should know better by now not to give in to what a man says) and went on with my day. Well, I just went to scopesys.com and guess what I learned? Grandparent's Day was on Sunday. Did I call my Papaw? No. Did I send my Papaw a card? No. Did I get my Papaw a box of those disgusting chocolate covered cherries that he so loves. No. I did nothing. Now I feel like a total jerk. Papaw if you're out there and you all of a sudden learned what the internet was and how to use a computer and find my blog, I'm so so sorry. I will try to make it up to you. You are the best grandfather a grandkid could ever hope for. I am the worst grandkid a grandfather could ever hope he wouldn't have. I love you Papaw and I'm sorry.



Oh, and to all those haters out there who are saying, "Oh my gosh. Why isn't she wishing her grandmother happy Grandparent's day?" Or "Why isn't she wishing her other grandfather happy Grandparent's Day?" Well, they're dead. That's why. Now who's the jerk?

No comments: