Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend update:

Monday 9/10/2007
11:20 a.m.

Friday:
Friday night was quite an enjoyable evening. My friend Laura invited me to accompany her to a going away party for two of her friends. Since I haven't met any of her friends, I thought this would be something fun to do. And it was. She was already at the party, so I met her there. And although no one had any idea who this stranger was who was crashing their party, everyone was very warm and inviting.

The party was catered by a Mexican restaurant, so the grub was quite delish. I only had a little rice, very little beans (you know the saying) and a few chips. I didn't want to make a pig of myself in front of total strangers. At least not until I've known them for at least an hour.

The party was pretty chill. We were getting our drink on and Laura held me down and forced me to take a tequila shot. I hate her. Anyway, after fighting back the vomit, we headed to Walgreen's (No we were not drinking and driving) to get some ice for the party. While we were there, we decided it would be a good idea to get a going away present for her friends. Well, you know what kind of high quality items they sell at drugstores, so of course this was a classy classy gift. Here's what we bought: Pop-rocks, Fun dip, candy that resembled French fries, hamburger and baked beans, an ink pen that is about a foot long, men's diapers... that's all I can remember, but I think there were a few more items. All in all we made excellent choices. We sneaked the gift back in the house and added it with the others. Oh how happy the recipients will be.

After about another half hour at the party, I decided to part ways and head over to our friend Nick's house, where my boyfriend and other friends were hanging out. Let me begin by saying this, it should never be colder outside of a house than inside the house in the summer months. I understand that people want to conserve energy and not run their a/c, but OH MY GOSH. I walk in the house and everyone is pouring sweat. I thought maybe they had just had a mean round of Dance Dance Revolution or something.


Despite the heat, we had a great time at Nick's. We listened to some good music, ate some good food and played foosball. P and I kicked ass on the first game. But then when Nick and his girlfriend, Lauren, challenged us, we were defeated. Not because we weren't playing skillfully. Lauren ignored our no-spin rule and was windmilling the hell out of the men. CHEATER. I heard somewhere that they never win, but ho definitely took us out.

After being me and my bottle of vodka had been defeated, it seemed like a good time to go home. I passed the wheel to P and played dj on the ride home. You can imagine what I did when we got home. No you perverts. I passed out.

No comments: